Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In Sickness and in Health, God Will Never Leave Us


"God, You can heal me.  You have the power.  I will keep praying for Your healing and pleading upon Your power."  This has been my prayer, especially in the past couple of years.  I know He will heal me someday, but I think I still assume it will be when I leave this life to be with Him forever.  So do I really believe His power?  Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!

It's a good thing God's power does not rest upon my faith.  God is showing me His power lately, regardless of my lack of faith.  You can read more about the results of a second opinion on my health condition here.

My life has taken a dramatic turn and I must begin from an entirely different perspective.  I am still struggling with the same symptoms, but I trust God will give the physicians wisdom to find the solution. My blood tested positive for CMV infection, so now I will be returning to Kansas City for more extensive testing of my immune system, etc.

I don't know what the future will hold, but I know God has all power in His hands.  He can and will heal, but it will be in His time and way.  Whether or not He heals me sooner or later, He has given me this promise: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

So often in my life I have forgotten this promise, but thank God, He never forgets.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Whether in sickness or in health, He will never leave me or forsake me.  No matter what happens in my life, He will turn it to His glory and my welfare.


Why does God choose to physically heal some and not others?
What lessons have you learned through sickness?  Through healing?

No comments:

Post a Comment