Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bald Eagle Update

I hope you're enjoying the adventure with the bald eagle pair and their little ones.  The first egg hatched on April 1, the second on April 3.  The third egg looks like there are pecking holes in it, so I expect to see another fuzzy, grey little one soon.

I photographed these pictures from what I see on my computer screen, so they may be a bit fuzzy.

One of two faithful, devoted parents sits on a nest 80 feet above the ground.
It's 5-6 feet wide and just as deep, and it weighs almost 1-1/2 tons.

Don't you love the little bandit-masked eyes? 
This is #1 who after a couple of days was already venturing out a bit on his own.

Meal time!  The first meal for the eaglets was a rabbit. 
After that, there's been a variety of birds, fish, and furry creatures.

If you still wish to tune into the life of God's masterpiece, the bald eagle, here is the link - http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles .  George Washington Carver once so adequately said, “I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment